As I laid in bed this morning I dreamed. It was one of those dreams that give you drama and excitement, if not all of it making sense. A little, like a cheap action movie. Anyway, the important thing is that it gave me an idea, a really good idea I think. I might try to make it into a short story or a novel, I haven’t decided yet but it’s really stuck in my mind and I wanted to get a little bit out.
There’s three people, a guy, a girl and the connecting force between them; the girl’s best friend and the guy’s crush. The girl and the best friend are growing apart though they don’t acknowledge it. One day the best friend ends up on a run away bus, and to safe her the guy and the girl both step in front of it’s path, hurting them both. The guy less so. Later, when wounds are healed and the best friend has drifted away as is nature, the guy and girl meet again, as sparks fly.
This feels more like a short story since after they meet I don’t know how to add drama, but that’s okay, a romantic short story would be great to write. I just keep thinking of the phrase. “Six months ago ‘Name here’ stepped in front of a bus.”
Seems powerful to me.
Anyway, I have to go to class, but I wanted to update. I plan to work on Timeless today, don’t you worry.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment