Thursday, May 21, 2009

Status: Chapter 3 Finish; Chapter 4 Not Started

always forget how good a writing rush feels. Writer’s block sucks, it clings to you, nibbles at your self-confidence and makes every word a pain to write. You never know what starts writer’s block but you never know what will crumble it. Today I couldn’t say when the awkward interaction between Aisling and Korbin smoothed. I couldn’t say when I suddenly started connecting to my heroine better. I couldn’t say when it just started to flow again.

But god it felt great.

I hate the wait between chapters as much as you do, and this story has been a pain because of its slow space. Part of that is my fault, I’ve let laziness and depression steal me away from the rush for too long. I can’t even promise it won’t happen again. I’m still lazy and still depressed, but right now I’m on a writing high and I can’t wait for another hit. I can promise you that I won’t give up on this story. No matter how much I want too at times, as long as I feel this story is actually moving down a path to the end I will continue.

I quit on Writing, and that isn’t like me, but I didn’t do that just because this idea felt all great and amazing (stupid story changing its feel as soon as I start writing). I did it because Kit and Caldur lacked enough drama. I was doing great to the middle but really the story needed a pause and I didn’t have enough to keep it going. I think I rushed the relationship too much. Like I stated before, I have that kind of problem.

With Asher and Kaylee it worked, because they had so much drama when they were together. I also think that with Aisling and Korbin it will work. I certainly know more about them as they push back and forth. Asher and Kaylee were like a therapy session with sex, Kit and Caldur are two lonely souls meeting their destiny, and Aisling and Korbin are a game of tug of war. I think it’s pretty clear in this chapter and will become more clear down the road.

I already have a few scenes planned in my mind. Poor Phoenix needs to hear about Aisling’s problems and Korbin needs to explain his weird behavior. Plus I’m dying to introduce another side character, actually two but I don’t know if the second will come in the scene I have planed. *giggles evilly* But I bet I got you excited.

Anyway, I hope Chapter 4 comes out sooner than chapter 3 and hope this story just gets easier to write. I’m happier when I’m writing.

Oh, and I also started editing Beasts again. (I paused for a few days) I read three chapters today and am officially over half way done with reading it over. Then I have to edit it, then I have to write the changes out. XD God the road just seems longer with every milestone, but I shall celebrate the milestones anyway. I haven’t been in contact with the girl who agreed to help me edit, which is slightly sad. Also I have another friend who wanted to edit who I haven’t seen in a while. I also haven’t talked to my high school friend/editor since a few weeks ago. Technically we’re supposed to go out. I was going to see how she felt about editing. I need editors for Beasts, so if you’re interested please let me know, ether here in the comments or though one of the contact options on my profile. If you do want to edit, please be good at grammar (my weak point) and have experience with romance novels/stories.

Also, if you want to just talk, feel free to friend me on Facebook, but if you do, add a little note. I’m hesitant about adding people I don’t know, so just let me know where you’re from and I’d be glad to add you.

Okay, that’s really all I have to say, and now I’m very tired, so I’m heading to bed. I hope you enjoy chapter 3 and this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment