Yeah, so I haven't done anything in weeks. Has it been a month? I would believe it. *rubs her forehead* Alright, so this is finals week but really I'm not that stressed. The real problem is last monday my laptop fell into a coma. By which I mean I pulled out the power cord plug to bring my laptop to the printer and aparently snapped something vital so my power cord no longer connects to the laptop but instead is merely a decortive strand of black. So I took my laptop to Best buy where it's still under the one year warentee. That's the good news. The bad news is that it will take 2-5 weeks for repair.Fun.So they took my laptop, and they took birds with it. I forgot to back it up (I know, brilliant) so now the chapter I was working on is gone and there is a very large chance they'll wipe my drive because...why not? I don't trust them to leave my stuff alone. Of course, just for fun, there's an equally large chance (guess it's 50/50 then huh?) that they WON'T wipe my harddrive which means I'll get Birds back. *rubs forehead* Anyway, all this is just making me think, there's something wrong with Birds. My readers from Beasts and Written know I don't take this long to write. I even got an e-mail once asking me how I updated so often. *sigh* It matches the e-mail i got a few weeks ago asking why I don't update anymore.So I think I need to change something and maybe that means writing projects. I have made it clear this is a hard time in my personal life but to be honest it always has been, since I started posting to Fiction Press, but Birds is very dark, very serious which isn't bad on it's own. The thing is that I'm editing Beasts (God I HATE editting), which is also dark and serious. It's making me wonder if I should try a lighter writing project. That makes me want to return to Written (rewriting it and working out the kinks that made me stop) but at the same time I don't really want to drop Birds. I don't know, right now I'm trying to 'fix' what's wrong or at least find why this is so hard so I have a good enough reason to drop it. Right now I just feel whiny dropping it.On other writing fronts, those who read my entire blog might remember Eygptian Time Travel Fun Time! from the list of my writing ideas. You may also remember the fatal flaw of that which is I need to study to write it properly. Well I got two books on Ancient Eygpt, one fictional and one non-fiction, that will help. I think once I finnish those I can get the rest from my school website's database. I hope. The hard part is what I want to know, not about wars or what the culture did at certian points but how they lived, day to day, so I can write it. But that's why I got the fiction book, if I can see how the other writes it it could help.Also, slightly writing related, my mom bought us an external harddrive to share. So now I'm going to keep all my writing projects there, so I won't ever loose them again like this. Anyway, I'll try to work on my writing. God I miss it, that's the worst part.
Location:On my mother's brand new laptopYeah, so I haven't done anything in weeks. Has it been a month? I would believe it. *rubs her forehead* Alright, so this is finals week but really I'm not that stressed. The real problem is last monday my laptop fell into a coma. By which I mean I pulled out the power cord plug to bring my laptop to the printer and aparently snapped something vital so my power cord no longer connects to the laptop but instead is merely a decortive strand of black. So I took my laptop to Best buy where it's still under the one year warentee. That's the good news. The bad news is that it will take 2-5 weeks for repair.
Fun.
So they took my laptop, and they took birds with it. I forgot to back it up (I know, brilliant) so now the chapter I was working on is gone and there is a very large chance they'll wipe my drive because...why not? I don't trust them to leave my stuff alone. Of course, just for fun, there's an equally large chance (guess it's 50/50 then huh?) that they WON'T wipe my harddrive which means I'll get Birds back. *rubs forehead* Anyway, all this is just making me think, there's something wrong with Birds. My readers from Beasts and Written know I don't take this long to write. I even got an e-mail once asking me how I updated so often. *sigh* It matches the e-mail i got a few weeks ago asking why I don't update anymore.
So I think I need to change something and maybe that means writing projects. I have made it clear this is a hard time in my personal life but to be honest it always has been, since I started posting to Fiction Press, but Birds is very dark, very serious which isn't bad on it's own. The thing is that I'm editing Beasts (God I HATE editting), which is also dark and serious. It's making me wonder if I should try a lighter writing project. That makes me want to return to Written (rewriting it and working out the kinks that made me stop) but at the same time I don't really want to drop Birds. I don't know, right now I'm trying to 'fix' what's wrong or at least find why this is so hard so I have a good enough reason to drop it. Right now I just feel whiny dropping it.
On other writing fronts, those who read my entire blog might remember Eygptian Time Travel Fun Time! from the list of my writing ideas. You may also remember the fatal flaw of that which is I need to study to write it properly. Well I got two books on Ancient Eygpt, one fictional and one non-fiction, that will help. I think once I finnish those I can get the rest from my school website's database. I hope. The hard part is what I want to know, not about wars or what the culture did at certian points but how they lived, day to day, so I can write it. But that's why I got the fiction book, if I can see how the other writes it it could help.
Also, slightly writing related, my mom bought us an external harddrive to share. So now I'm going to keep all my writing projects there, so I won't ever loose them again like this. Anyway, I'll try to work on my writing. God I miss it, that's the worst part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment