Thursday, December 31, 2009

Update!

So…I think it’s time for an update. It’s been a little while and things are changing over here. New Years is coming up, meaning I just have one more month off (whoo!) before I go back to school and have to deal with homework and a much longer drive. So I’ll be loosing a lot of time, so what I really wanted to do with my time off was rewrite Beasts and then write a whole another novel but there’s a slight problem with that first one. I like Beasts, I like it a lot, and in someway it’s great to see where it’s going but…

I’m starting to hate it. I resent working on it, and as much as I want to move forward with a piece I think it’s time it goes back into a drawer. I’m sorry I keep being so silly about my work but sometimes things need to go in drawers, Timeless (and it’s sequel) is currently in the same drawer.

I’ve decided what I want to work on next is Joker’s sequel. I had so much fun writing Jokers and I miss it. I want to return to those characters, they have always been jumping around in my mind. So I’m going to give in and write Phoenix’s story, I took time off, I distanced myself from Eve’s source material and found some changes for her that I think will help. I have this story pretty well outlined out, so I’m hoping to start today or tomorrow. I went though all my pre writing questions.

I don’t know what I’ll do after I write Innocent Sins (the sequel’s current title), but I do know that I got ideas on how to rewrite Mantle and Written, two novels that I really wanted to rewrite. I have some problems with Beasts is that while I like that it’s a high school novel I’m so enjoying writing stories where the characters are older, and able to control their own lives. That’s what I loved about Jokers; I didn’t have to worry about realistic parents or homework.

I am a little worried about Mantle, it’s one of my most cliché ideas, and I have a hard time starting projects when I can see their clichés. I feel like it’s still a good story and I can deal with the clichés well enough but…well, the ideas came from a parody RP and I can not write parody, so you can see the problem.

Ether way, Written interests me, it will be right in between my old style and new. While I like writing the older characters, I liked Kit’s relationship with her father far too much. So I plan to cut out Caldur’s parents, and have Kit be 18, and a senior in high school. I also am debating including a subplot with a nurse for her father, which may or may not work out romantically. I just see a great scene that would show a lot about Kit’s personality.

Like I said, I don’t know when I’ll write these ideas, but Innocent Sins is currently next. Expect the first chapter soon; I plan to try to match my NaNo pace. Maybe cut out weekends though, for my mom. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment