Alright, so my last post left some confusion to what I’m doing next. I planed to scrap editing so I could get started on the Timeless Sequel, but when I started writing that I realized two things.
1)I felt guilty leaving my first good novel on the side lines for so long. If I ever want to DO something with this work, I need to start editing and that means I need to start editing the first work I want to do something with. So I opened up all my Beast documents and realized I need to start editing this, start actually moving forward again.
2)I am terrified of writing the Timeless Sequel.
Okay, so that last one might be a little weird, but here’s the truth. Timeless was very hard to write. It was labored at many points, wasn’t fun and I felt that Jenny had some borderline Mary Sue moments. This may have something to do with it being a rare historical, and so I never felt quite comfortable in Ancient Egypt, despite my research. Plus the romance was slow moving, and I like much faster moving romances, but all that is fine, that was Timeless and in the end, I think it’s a good teen novel.
Thing is that I don’t know if Timeless’s sequel (working title: ‘Ancient Perspectives’) has enough to be a full novel. I plan on the majority of the drama to rely on emotional issues between the main couple, they need to define themselves in modern times and find out who they want to be, together and apart. The only problem with this is many of my emotional problems tend to solve themselves before I realize it. Mostly because my characters tend to do what I would do in such a scenario, talk about it. So I don’t know what I’d do if this turned into even a 50k novel (which is still a novel but compared to Timeless’s size…)
I will write it. There is more to Jenny and Nebi’s story and over all I feel that my fears mostly come from fear of failure at writing my first sequel, but fear or not I know what the right choice is.
I said I’d work on editing Beasts and it’s time I started. So I’m going to try to rewrite Beasts this month, just like I did with Jokers, a chapter every free day I have. Since school ends next week for me, I’ll see if I can increase that. At the end of Jokers, I got up several chapters a day. I’m debating posting the rewrite but I don’t think I should. A lot of things are going to change and I want to entice people to buy when I get this published.
Because I am going to get it published people. Believe it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment