So this is just for fun. I was discussing with my muse Astrid possible DnD alignments for my characters for Jokers, my novel I'm editing (slowly, damn you laziness!). Ether way; this novel has Clara (main character), Korbin (her love interest), Phoenix (Korbin's twin) and then for the sequel, Rachael (Phoenix's love interest, hence sequel).
Clara is definitely Lawful Good, she Catholic (though lapsed) and kind of a coward, which means she feels better toeing the line. All forms of establishment calms her, and while authority figures tend to scare her, she also is drawn to them.
Korbin is obvious. It's in his Themes. XD He's Chaotic Good, can't stand establishment and authority figures makes him thumb his nose at them. He tends to break rules and patterns for the hell of it but you cant rust him while breaking those rules and patterns that he's doing a good thing on the side. Ironically he'd make a good knight, since they tended to wander around saving girls.
Phoenix must be opposite of Korbin always! So he's Lawful Evil. I think in my edited version this becomes more clear, since I'm not so eager to get him and Clara close, but when I orginally thought these two up, Phoenix was supposed to be the 'evil' twin. (I thought these up for a soap opera mocking RP, hence why they're a little cliche) I wanted him to appear good and Korbin to appear evil while being good. So while he ended up becoming a good guy for me, and hero of his own novel, I still see him as evil.
Then Rachael, which no one knows because the small bit of Phoenix's story I posted before I took everything down had Eve. Rachael is her stronger replacement. Eve was a little too wish washy, and it became uncomfortable to write such an unbalanced relationship. Rachael is Lawful Neutral and with much more of a spine than Eve. She's also not that into 'good' or 'evil', but definitely obeys the law because she feels she owes it to her 'parents'. Her story will be reveled eventually.
So it's been a while since I posted here. Sorry, school hit me hard and I've been quietly working away. I'll try to post things here, like new projects, what's been going one, ect. I'm not quite sure what to use this for, I'll be honest, when I don't have much to update writing wise. A part of me feels I should use it to give lessons on writing like many writers do, and make it less all about me, me, me and perhaps I'd get more readers but that requires work and effort and I'm bad at both. XD
Ether way, I'll try to post more fun stuff like this.
Oh, and editing is going okay. Not as good as it should. I have finished my first edit of chapter '3' of Jokers.
Join me on Facebook for more updates. I love it when my readers friend me and I tend to post more there.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment