Thursday, June 18, 2009

Status: Updates

So, according to the Livejournal homepage, it’s been a week since I last posted and I feel like you guys deserve an update. I spent the majority of the week taking a break from writing. I met some friends, had a little fun and just separated myself from it. With the space I looked back on my writing and realized that Birds was dead. I want to apologize, but at the same time I feel like I shouldn’t. The truth is that Birds just died. Some of it was fate comatizing my laptop and some of it was my own laziness (it was hard to write, I’ll admit that made me less willing) but in the end I think the main reason is that Birds is a darker story. Beasts, for all its depressing nature, had this strain of hope. Birds won’t have that, and with my life as it is there’s no way I can keep up with it. So for now Birds is going into my mental drawer with Written and Mantle. Someday I’ll take it out and fix it, some happier day.

But I’m not stopping writing. I’m currently studying ancient Egypt for my time travel story. (See my older posts to see what I’m talking about.) I went book shopping and found this really great Egypt book on a great sale, 10 bucks, so I had to buy it. I decided I’m going to read it cover to cover and then after that start writing. It won’t be very ‘accurate’ but then again who really cares? This is for fun, your and mine enjoyment. The story will be more upbeat and more of a snarky head butting romance. Which I think is what I need. There’s lots of drama, both internal and external, to stop it from ending up like Written and should be more upbeat than Birds. So here’s hopping right?

No comments:

Post a Comment