know I haven’t been around much, and I’ve never taken this long to start a story before but bear with me. I got a big book (as my title states, 500 pgs) basically everything I need to know about Ancient Egypt, only you know, glossed over. I am officially 300 pgs in and I have to admit, despite all the time it takes to do this I’m really glad I am. I’m getting a LOT of ideas, which I’m mapping out. Despite my love of by fly writing I’m trying to outline some of this story to stop me from ditching it again. I can see how it all plays out and so I’m not that worried.
I will admit: I don’t like that I quit my last two stories. I don’t like that I left you guys, my readers, my reason for writing, hanging. I don’t write for myself. I could do this without so much work, and it’d be great, but it’d never have to leave my head. Every idea you ever had is amazing in your head, because there’s no one to point out flaws. When I write, I write for you, people who read my words and enjoy them. With out you I would have never finished any of my stories. So…I guess I’m just trying to say thanks and I hope you stick with me.
Back to the reading, I allotted myself 20 pgs a day which according to my calculations would take me 25 days. But when the 14 day mark hit I said “Fuck it.” bumped the number up to 40 and said “Whoo, 7 days.” Then the last section of the first half was about how Egypt accepted Christianity, the Jews and their religion and of course the now dominate religion; which, while interesting, wouldn’t be needed for my story. So I skipped it happily. (I’ve been doing a lot of reading) I decided I’d do my extra twenty of the new section and I’m not entirely sure how I did it but I got from 220 to 300 today. So whoo! So I have about 5 but I’m going to try to bump it down to 4 so I can start writing on Friday. (Maybe I’ll be lucky and finish the first chapter, but no promises!)
Oh and I titled my work. It’s now called Timeless Bonds. I like it. You may notice I like kind of short titles. Moonlight Gifts, Becoming Beasts and Timeless Bonds all being two words. Mantle of the Moon, Written in the Sand and Birds of a Feather being my longer titles. I like phrases and kind of sentences more than single words, but still rather short and punchy. I dunno, I just like titles.
Anyway, speaking of Beasts, I have to admit I’ve been failing on that front and haven’t done ANY editing in a while. I can’t help it. I just dislike how slow it is. I have come up with a new system of editing a chapter on paper then going to the computer to make the changes. I think that will let me stay more interested and it’s more of a nibble. When it takes forever to edit on page and you have over 400 it’s really disheartening.
Anyway, that’s all the updates I have. I hope everyone is having a nice summer vacation and I hope to be updating soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment