Friday, July 24, 2009

Status: Chapter 6 finish; Chapter 7 not started

Oh geez, my last scene. As one review said; finally! So most of my stories have characters getting attracted right away and being all in love before halfway though the story. That’s cool, in fact I love writing that because I love attacking relationships more than I love stopping them from getting together. I guess because I love watching people gather together during hard times. It’s also because half the problems that will stop people from getting together could be solved if people just fucking talked about it and/or trust each other. Grrr, that bothers me because that’s how I solve my problems. Anyway, rant over.

Yeah, Timeless is moving slowly though. That’s mostly because Nebi has a very childish view on relationship and Jenny wouldn’t act on her feelings to save her life. She’s far too used to rejection to ‘seek it out’. Anyway I went on and on about how I was looking forward to a scene in chapter 6 and then I don’t even write it! I know. XD I wanted to write about the Heb Sed party but a lot is going to happen there so I wanted to put off starting it for a chapter at least. I planed to start chapter 7 with it but now I feel like I should show some of Jenny preparing for the speech, not to mention someone telling her to wear different clothes. Also there’s a scene I need to do that involves Najib moving on his plot.

Ether way this chapter was a blast to write, though it shows I rushed though it since I made a lot of little mistakes for it. Apparently more than normal because people are really mentioning it. Tomorrow, if I have time I’ll go over it and make edits, or maybe tonight.

Still, this weekend is my birthday weekend so I won’t be starting chapter seven for a few days most likely. I will jump right on it on Monday thought. I have so many plans for the party, which will kick off some more conflicts I have started not to mention push the relationship along. I also want to show Jenny and Nebi after their almost kiss. It will be deliciously awkward.

In a complete heal turn in topic, (I wonder where Nebi got that habit from?), I’m plowing forward in editing Beasts. I’m not much of a theme person but as I go over and think about Beasts I realize this is a romance novel with a message, one I think young girls need and maybe even young men. There’s the basic, don’t-judge-a-book-by-its-cover-message and the be-true-to-yourself messages but also about standing up against pure pressure and following your heart. Trite messages maybe but ones that don’t loose power. I also realize while my story Timeless is about two people fighting against their own flaws and inability to deal with people to be together Beasts is almost the exact opposite.

Beasts is a story about two people who, on the surface, don’t belong together, who do get together and their fight to find what’s beyond the surface both prefer to live. Kaylee is a social climbing whimp at the beginning and Asher clings to his Beast status to stop people from getting close to him. Nether wants to be different from that but both are forced too when they’re together. So I know in this story I need them to get together as soon as I can without rushing it, which makes me happy. I love how Asher and Kaylee are as they struggle in their relationship.

I’m also cutting a lot in the story. I almost eliminated the first chapter. I think I kept maybe one scene? Then I took half a scene from the second chapter, which dropped down almost a full 3000 words. I think I’ll do fine with my ‘Reduce pg number’ plan I have with the story. I like Beasts and I’d like to be a long novel, but I think 400+ 8 by 10 pages is a little much. I don’t even know how many pages that’d be in a regular book.

Ether way I’m trying really hard to keep editing despite my large dislike for the task. If I want to continue to write I’m going to have to edit it so I need to dig in and just do it. I can’t sell my novels if I don’t edit them and I want to sell my stories badly. I think I can.Oh, on a random note, you know what has gotten a surprising amount of reivews and mentions this week? Mantle of the Moon, I've gotten three readers contacting me about it. One IMed me, (the first person to IM me), and the other two reivewed them. Stuff like that makes me want to do that project but I have so many other on my plate. Birds in November, and Timeless and it's possible sequal. Well, we'll see when I get done with Timeless what should be next. I think Timeless will be a quickish project. It's moving a long well. Beasts was 20 chapter + epilouge and little info about plot change and it's long. So Timeless might not be that long. I don't know yet. I know I don't feel like we hit the halfway point, but it's getting close. *muses*

No comments:

Post a Comment