So it’s over. I wrote a 100k novel in a month, I did what I wanted to do and pushed myself. I topped all my previous efforts, not just in NaNo, but previously. I found I enjoyed writing a novel this fast, putting so much effort into it and I enjoyed getting so much done so fast. Writing novels fast really is the way to do them. Now I just have to resist temptations.
I don’t like editing and whenever I finish one project, I want to jump straight into the next but I need to work on editing Beasts. I have written four novels but I won’t get to DO anything with these novels unless I start fixing them but there’s another event on the horizon that I need to discuss.
In late January/early February I’m going to transfer to my dream college, Pacific University to go after a creative writing major. This means I’ll have a lot less time on my hands, especially since I need a job so I can pay for gas to get there. I plan on taking a break persay from novel writing until I can get into the grove. I want to concentrate when I get there on my work. I plan on taking creative writing classes so I assume I’ll still be writing and I might post that work on FictionPress (probably will) and it will be better since this stuff will get edited and hopefully my writing will improve. I plan to start up writing my novels again as time permits, but I’m going to try to take at least the first month off for school.
At the same time, I don’t wish to stop writing so if I don’t get any creative writing classes right away I will focus on editing so I can get some work done.
That’s the bad new. The good news is this is seriously tempting me to start the Timeless sequel, since I’ll be editing once school starts and my editing will probably get better once I start getting real classes under my belt.
And let’s not even get me started on how much I want to skip both project to go straight to Phoenix’s story and the sequel to Jokers. Gah! I will admit, I’ll probably go ether for Timeless or Jokers, most likely Timeless because as much as I love these ideas I want to give time for Astrid’s character, the original love interest for Phoenix, to die in my mind a bit so my love interest for him isn’t just a blatant rip off. They’re already going to have to be pretty similar but I’d like to make my own. Even if Astrid isn’t going to use her character anywhere I prefer my own.
So Timeless Sequel…it needs a name, any suggestions?
Sunday, November 29, 2009
NaNo Day 29(Technically): Win!!! In every sense of the word!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment