Friday, April 24, 2009

Status: At a crossroads

Okay, this is bad. This will be a short post because I have a driving lesson in an hour and I have things I need to do but I need to post this. Since I started writing I tend to start one project, finish it (or abandon it), and then move on to the next. This is the first time that an idea has demanded to be written before I’m done with an old one but it’s happened. If you see my previous post, you’ll see the idea for the twin story. I like the idea a lot but I always planed on finishing Written first. I love Kit and Caldur, and I even really enjoy their story.

Or I did. Right now, it’s really annoying to just deal with it at all. I sit down wishing I was already done, and the chapters are getting shorter and shorter. That also annoys me. I prefer to have an average of 6,000 words per chapter but now I have to struggle for 5000. I have to say these must be signs. I think I may have to put Written on hiatus. I’m sorry to all the fans. I really am, but you won’t get a good story if I don’t enjoy the writing anymore. Don’t think this hiatus will never end, it isn’t on hiatus because I don’t want to finish it, or because my fans don’t want it, but because I just need a break from it. Maybe when I start on my next idea I’ll jump ship again, I don’t know. I don’t like this. I want to finish this story before I start a new one but I just don’t like it.

So I’m going to start on my twin story (which needs a title), and I hope you like it just as much. I promise I’ll finish Kit and Caldur’s story one day, hopefully soon, but for now I need to give its break.

No comments:

Post a Comment