Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Status: Chapter 7 Finnish; Chapter 8 Not begun

Well, my last chapter came in a whirlwind. I do admit, cliff hangers get me as eager to keep writing as they get my readers to keep reading (or at least I hope so). I tend to end in them to keep my excitement going though a chapter but this came by fast. I didn't really plan to write the chapter in an afternoon but I'm kind of glad I did. It would have been hard to break up the big scene and the short scene was pretty easy, plus the whole thing was dramarific. ^_^

I'm just loving Kit and Caldur right now. They are so cute together and I can't help but love them as a couple. It's always great when you set down to write a romance and find real chemistry there. I know a lot of people complain about couples that don't make sense and I hope mine always do but it's always a pleasure to find that the hard thing is that their romance doesn't go to FAST so the reader has something to read. I also enjoy the different dynamics between characters.

Kit and Caldur have this almost soul mate thing going. Since I started writing them together they just click. Like, they were always destined to be together. Which is nice because the last story I tried to get Caldur into his love interest was a bit forced. Now I know why, he's meant for Kit. XD

My last couple definitely didn't have the soul mate thing going on, they instead had this intense sexual connection that caught me off guard. I never really done much experiment in the sexual hot tub of the romance pool, though I've glanced over a few times, even tried to dip my toe in now and then but it always got too uncomfortable, so it was weird to get this huge sexual connection between two characters when I never written like that before. Even with them I chickened out, I couldn't finish the sex scene so I just faded to black and mentioned them going at it a lot. It was kind of cool though. That couple was always surprising me though. I loved them for it.

Something I wanted to bring up, that's been on my mind a bit lately, is soundtracks. It seems I keep on reading about authors with different soundtracks for different characters or works, and I, always wanting to be included, thought over it too. It hasn't been a new idea, I often loved to look for 'soul songs' for my character, songs that represented their soul, but they're hard to find. For Beasts, the closest I found was the song 'Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon' by Neil Diamond. While it didn't exactly explain the soul of ether of my main characters it certainly explained their relationship and the ending of the story was even inspired by it. (I even included a line very similar to the lyrics in one of the final chapters, try to find it!)

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Mamma Mia! Soundtrack, from the movie, I can't find the plays. So it would make sense some of their songs effect my work. The song 'Lay all Your Love on Me' first made me think of Caldur and Kit but while there are some similarities it's really just my love of the song that makes me want to say that. What does make me think of them, but especially Kit is 'The Name of the Game'. While in the movie it wasn't a love song (or even in the official movie) it really suits the awkward couple. Both in the way that they're both so attracted so quickly. What it really makes me think of with Kit is her attraction to Caldur gets her really off balance but she still faces him. Kit is no coward.

Okay, well check out my latest chapters, if you haven't already. I'll probably start writing chapter 8 this weekend. I already got ideas. ^_^ This story is really starting to flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment