Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Status: Pre-Writing Prep

So some of you may be confused by my status. I did post a chapter one for my new story Birds of the Feather but I don't like it. I've been reading 'On Writting Romance' by Leigh Michaels, so far I really like it and it made me aware I need to go back and plan. I actually think this was my problem in Written, I lacked good enough conflict to keep me going and then Birds came around. So I'm going to edit Chapter 1 of Birds and then post the new verson with Chapter 2. Right now I need to go though my new list of 'Pre-Writting Questions'. These are questions from my book that I'm going to go though and answer before I start a novel. I think it will help me work out tangles like I've been running into.

Ether way, I have a long week end so I'll try to get chapter 2 up. I'll also post a little ad for this blog in the new story so my new readers can get it. Birds will be darker than Written, but don't think it will be any less romantic. I think I finally figured out a sechdule for my writting. I do want to finish Birds, but then I'll go though my questions, do a little fiddling around then rewrite/finish Written. When I'm done with that I'm going to Question Mantle and fix that lack of conflicted mess. Sometime between that I'll also edit Beasts but I won't post that anywhere. XD (If you want to edit with the editing process just let me know.)

Anyway, I got some fun stuff for you. On the sountrack front Korbin makes me think of All I Was Looking for Was You by Fastball. It's from their new album which is great btw way. I definately see Fastball as the soundtrack to Birds, sad sounding but not actually negative. While Mamma Mia was Written, dramatic but in the end fun. I also recently uploaded The Sims2 back onto my computer, sadly all I could fit was the orginal game and none of my exapnsion packs. The game seems almost dull. Oh well. Still, I made my characters because I can't draw so this as close as I get.I always imagine Caldur in a trench coat, which I think I actually failed to give him. Just nothing says 'brood' quite like a good trench coat, plus I feel the drama suits him. The one in the Sims is a little matrix-y. He wouldn't be wearing that black outfit underneth but the coat is definatly him.
Kit also provided some problems. Mostly because the Sims don't have her right clothes. That's as close as I can get but really she'd be wearing more of a hiking outfit. The hair is great though, red and out of the way in that tight, sleek pony tail. I imagined that haircut when I first got her idea.
In Birds I have my twins Korbin and Phoenix which I don't entirely like how they look. I dunno, maybe becuase it's too easy to tell them apart, but of course they have lots of different grooming habits so it would be, on a superficial level. Also their clothes. *shakes head* Well not a lot I can do.
Then last, but not least, my female lead in Birds, Aisling. Okay, I do like this picture. I had such trouble with her hair. Even now I still debate brunette or blonde. What do you guys think? I dunno, I kind of like her blonde. Blondes are cliche innocents but it still works. Plus her hair looks soft and I imagine her with really soft hair. This outfit is perfect because it's both stylish, a bit formal, but also kind of cute. Aisling is a lot more wounded than Kit, or at least outwardly. Kit was brave, Aisling is still brave but differently. I think I'm really going to like her. She just won't be as uplifting to write with. Kit just made me grin when I was done, she was so happy.
Well that's all on my front. I'll try to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment