Well this is slightly annoying. I spent all day writing up my chapter, I finally get it done and to all appearances, FictionPress is down. Well I know I’ll be messing with that for the rest of the night, but good news is that I got it done. So I’m going to upload that the moment FictionPress is back up but this chapter was a hard one. After the kidnapping, I had a real idea of what I wanted to have…in several scenes. I had no idea what I wanted to happen between chapter 15 and 17, which might be why this chapter is so scene filled. I kept on starting and ending scenes with under a 1000 words, I just went back to count and there are 5 scenes in this chapter. That’s a lot considering I normally can’t top three.
It’s funny because you can even tell when I started to get back in the groove; the last two scenes are MUCH longer than the first three. The third scene I did everything came back together. I finally knew what would make Akori and eventually Nebi suspect Najib. Both of them rarely think of Najib, to them he’s just their father’s assistant, it’s a little like suspecting your father’s secretary. It doesn’t even enter your mind because they’re so removed from your world; they’re your dad’s friend, not yours.
I have the rest of this story planed out, now I just need to write it. NaNoWriMo is coming up and I want to start working on planning out my rewriting of Birds, but I need to get this done first, otherwise I might have an overlap between them and that would be a bitch to work with. I don’t know how to write two stories at the same time, I’ve never tried it. I don’t want to leave you guys in the lurch with the ending
So yeah, I’ll probably work on getting the rest of this up soon. I don’t know how many chapters we have left; it depends a lot on how hammy Najib wants to be and how fast Nebi will figure everything out. He’s feeling very self centered right now as you’ll see eventually. At least he started turning it into a positive, we’ll see if he keeps that up. Of course ideally I’d love to have four chapters (I’d love to end with 20 chapters, I love fives and zeros) but I dunno if there’s that much story left, but we’ll see, we’ll see.
Back to NaNoWriMo, I’m very excited to restart Birds; I feel like this time its right, like I’ll be able to write it. I am in a better place and I have much more of a support system right now. I’d still like to change the title though, but I can’t think of it too much right now, and I do know I want to outline before NaNoWriMo starts. I will admit I feel a bit guilty for ignoring Beasts so much, but maybe I’ll be able to edit it with Birds, since they have similar feels I shouldn’t get jealous like I did with Timeless.
Well, hope to update soon, both with this chapter and with the rest. We’re almost done people!
EDIT: Whoo! FictionPress started working right after I posted this. Remember kids, complaining works.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
question what is NaNoWriMo?
ReplyDeleteHuh, I thought I explained this, but anyway, it's National Novel Writing Month, it's a month dedicated to writing 50,000 words, no matter what. You can find out more at http://www.nanowrimo.org/.
ReplyDeleteoh okay i must have missed that sorry thank you tho
ReplyDeleteNo problem, pleasure, I might have just thought I wrote it and didn't.
ReplyDelete