Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NaNo Day 24: Ugh

Ugh, sorry guys about the wait. I had a bit of a problem after last chapter. I spent a lot of time planning on how to get to that chapter. It was one of the first ideas I got after I plotted out the beginning and I spent so much time wondering how to get to the bedroom scene that I forgot to plot AFTER it. So I had a large batch of writer’s block and then that mixed with some issues real life was throwing at me, depression and a mix of a womanhood thrown in, just to make it fun.

Needless to say, the words weren’t flowing for me. I hate that. I hate it more when I let that stop me. The scene with Phoenix never became easy, was painful from the first word to the last and that will probably show. I think it took me three days to write that one scene. The ending scene was better, and the first scene was kind of fun, but the middle one. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it anyway. I got positive reviews about my bedroom scene and that was pretty awkward to write.

Ether way, Jokers is wrapping up, and if I can get back into my old schedule I should be able to finish it before the end of November rolls around. That would make me very happy. Then I really would have written a novel in a month. ^_^ But we’ll see what happens, right?

I hope the next few chapters will be easier, and I plan to possibly finish writing another one today to make up for all the lost days, we’ll see how it goes, okay? So enjoy Chapter 16 and I hope to get up chapter 17 soon.

Oh I almost forgot, I have been RPing with Astrid again and got another idea I like, which almost makes me sad for reasons I’ll explain in a later post. The idea makes me happy because it will finally be an idea where my guy isn’t the supernatural wonder introducing a normal girl into his world, but instead a human and a female magical character but not exactly anyone introducing anyone.

The Witch Friendly Witch Hunter
So in the RP the setting is medieval but I think this could tweak into a modern easily. (I prefer modern because I hate to make up entire worlds, it’s a lot of work and I’m not good at them). In this story a witch hunter, or a knight, would be betrayed by his order. The knights would ‘protect the world from witches’ or so they’re told. A witch finds this knight, betrayed and robbed of his armor and sword, so rescues him. It isn’t long before it’s reveled he is a knight but she continues to help him, so in his anger and desire for revenge he pledges himself to his enemies and promises to help teach them how to take down the knights, for good. This is a story with a few twists and a cute romance I think. The knight amuses me since he switches to someone a bit more like Korbin, rude, gruff and lazy to someone formal and overly polite like Phoenix while remaining in character. The witch will be more of a pacifist and a little too wound up, not to mention is the ruler of her little witch community and it’s her job to keep the entire place protected while several members think she’s a bad leader for hiding rather than fighting. So lots of drama, lots of issues, and lots of fun. I dunno when I’ll write it, but at least with it here I won’t forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment