Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaNo Day 4: Ontrack!

Well I enjoyed this chapter a little more than I enjoyed my last one, mostly because I got that great interaction between Clara and Korbin. I really do like writing them together. I’m sure I’ll like this story more once the romance picks up. I’m always so impatient for characters to just be together and in love. So if they kinda rush to one another I apologize but I promise they’ll work on their issues there.

I find myself trying to be more professional has some bad side affects. Inner editors are always a problem, but mine has been especially bad lately. I have problems with all my characters and worry over them being too Mary Sueish and/or that I’m not showing enough.

On the other hand I got a review asking for less description which I suppose is a good sign. I dunno, I’m trying not to judge my work too much or be too miffed over the lack of readers Jokers has had so far. I think that rating things Teen gets more readers since I’m pretty sure Birds had this problem too. I’m not 100%, well I’ll just have to carve out new readers in the Mature section since I plan to stay here for a little while. I might go back to Teen for the Timeless sequel, but I really want to try to make my writing a bit more adult, leave high school.

But then again I’ll probably be missing my teenagers once I’m done with this story. I tend to miss things during novels. But I’m trying to churn this out quickly. I want everyone to know that I’m planning on this to be my new pace. I used to do about 2k a day for a while, well now I want that to always be 4-6k, so this novel and all my others should be at this speed. I need to keep pushing myself on this.

Well that’s all I have to say, don’t forget to review people! Jokers doesn’t have nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment