Okay, it’s been a few days, and several chapters and I think it’s time I actually wrote something here. I actually planed to write something here yesterday but my buzz from writing distracted me.
So first: My future writing plans. I’ve been loving writing on Jokers, just loving it but I need to start really editing. So when I’m done with Jokers I’m taking a break from writing and updating to work on editing Becoming Beasts. I’ll see how it works out with my schedule but since I’m going to basically re-write Beasts (fix up the major change I made to it and some other stuff like plot points that went no where and characters who were introduced and disappeared) I plan to try to keep up this schedule meaning it should take me about…well, 20ish days, depending on how it goes. Once I have that rewritten, I’ll cart it off to at least three people for them to review and then it’s not my problem until they’re done editing it. After that I’ll start working on the Timeless sequel. I think I’ll keep up this pattern. I can’t start a new project until I finish editing my oldest unedited work. Which will be Timeless next, hmmm.
Anyway, that is my plan.
Jokers has been a lot of fun. This writing has left me absolutely jazzed. I didn’t get that way about Timeless, and it’s really nice to feel it. I think some of it is this schedule, I love writing a chapter a day, getting so much work done and moving so fast though the book. It keeps me so excited and I don’t have those depressed days where I don’t do anything. It keeps me happier and I love the instant feedback on my work.
I also wanted to comment a little, especially now that I feel it’s clear who Clara’s intended love interest is. We’re kinda at a break in the book. I’d say at the end of act one, and act two starts in the next chapter.
But in the past few chapters I’ve been getting some interesting feed back. I was surprised, and a little worried, about the Phoenix support. I love Phoenix, I really do, but he and Clara don’t work. Don’t worry Phoenix fans, he’ll get his love interest (in the sequel) and it will NOT be Clara’s child. Sorry, couldn’t resist. XD
Anyway; I thought everyone would be interested in where the idea for Korbin and Phoenix originally came from. My friend, Astrid, and I were a little low on RP ideas so we decided we’d do total soap opera. So we both made twin characters and decided to have ‘evil’ twins.
My idea was to have my evil twin not really noticeable first off. So I made Korbin much more ‘evil’ acting (though really he hasn’t changed much from his conception) and Phoenix much nicer acting, but I always planed for Phoenix to have this evil mastermind thing to him.
Then I gave him manners which turned him into a good guy. XD It’s very rude to be evil, but the thing is that Phoenix hasn’t changed that much ether, he’s devolped, fleshed out, but he’s still…well, evil at his core and I like having an evil good guy. He’ll still do good things and he does care for a select few people, currently just Clara, but there’s still something evil in him.
This will all be explored in great detail in his book and I look forward to it.
For right now I have many delicious plans for Jokers and hope to keep everyone guessing about what comes next. People do seem surprised and that makes me happy, this is my first time really trying to infuse mystery into a story, unless you count Najib in Timeless, which I don’t because I reveled him to the readers right away, just the characters didn’t know.
Everything that’s been going on does link to an over all plan, so…that’s fun.
Monday, November 9, 2009
NaNo Day 9: On track and only 10k from wining NaNo!
Labels:
Astrid,
Birds of a Feather,
Future Plans,
NaNoWriMo,
Pair of Jokers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment