Alright, so we’re three days into NaNo, it’s 10% over! Yeah, I got almost 11,000 words. I finished my second chapter today, just like I wanted, though I’m not too pleased with it. Clara is coming out different than I expected, and enjoyed, but we’ll see how she turns out. I hated the first few chapters of Beasts, I wanted to quit so badly. I think the problem is that the first few chapters have to have very little romance in them. We have to get the world and the whole situation set up first.
This is almost instantly off from my outline too. I planed to start during their first meeting but I enjoyed the idea of starting right off at the hook, meaning the first chapter moved a little fast, while the second one has to play exposition for the first.
Ether way, it’s going well. It was a little hard getting the story out, and I didn’t like it as much as the first, but I’m going to keep writing. I think once the romance gets involved I’ll start liking this story more. I really like Clara in love.
I also find how this story is coming out interesting. This feels a lot more…I dunno how to explain it. I feel like this is closer to first person than other work I’ve done and I don’t enjoy that as much. So if this suddenly changes tone later I apologize, but rough drafts and all.
In other news, I officially have 5 followers! That means at least 5 people are going to read this. *dances* Thank you all! I wonder if I’d get more followers if I offered some bribes. I really do enjoy getting proof that I’m being read. How about this? If I get 10 followers, five more, I’ll give you guys an extra chapter, (I’ll ether write two one day or write one on a Monday, which ever happens quickest.) at least if it happens before the end of this story.
So get your friends to follow! It will get me to write more too. After all, we need to get to the good part of this story. Dramatic love, ah, how I have missed ye. This will be very dramatic, which is just what I need right now I think. My life is being a bit difficult and I think throwing myself into this story, forcing myself to ignore it, will improve my output, if not necessarily the quality.
Anyway, happy third day of NaNo and expect another chapter tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment